Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February




















Add a dash of red-it will brighten your mood on even the greyest day. A toss pillow, a lampshade, a throw, a bouquet of red roses-perfect for a little romance.

Just a pinch of pink-it’s girly and brings a smile to your lips. Pink roses in a china teacup: a barkcloth pillow with pink, cabbage roses; a potted amaryllis in candy-stripe pink & white; shortbread cookies iced with sugar; flutes of white zinfandel garnished with red raspberries; a fluttery scarf…




























I bring out my collection of Victorian valentines and scatter them though out the house. The most delicate peep out from beneath a clear bell cloche. I have been collecting them since I was young at flea markets, yard sales & antique shops.

I love Tulips in the winter! They hint that spring is right around the corner.

February has been our snowiest month. We’ve had to measure in feet instead of inches!
Nothing like a steaming mug of hot chocolate topped off with caramel/chocolate covered marshmallows to ward off the chill followed by a nice, hot soak in the tub for those weary muscles. When the snow is blowing and outside looks like a freshly shaken snow globe, there’s nothing better than a snuggly quilt and a good book.

My recommended reads: A Year In Provence & Chasing Cezanne by Peter Mayle.


















I love to bake in the winter. My grandmother always made her Sand Tart cookies for every holiday-even President’s Day-she made a little hatchet in honor of Washington chopping down the cherry tree. I made hearts for Valentine’s Day & gifted all my friends & family. Her little added sweet is a cinnamon candy heart.

Make your own Sand Tarts in my recipes.































No comments: