Wednesday, March 4, 2009

From the Herb Garden-Tablescape Thursday

From The Herb Garden Tablescape Thursday..

































Spring is in the air…well at least on the way. My Tablescape Thursday is From the Herb Garden. I have been collecting bits & pieces of Fitz & Floyd for a long time. They drift my way as gifts, as great buys at Flea markets, yard sales or TJ Maxx. I love their whimsical animals-especially the rabbits-did I mention I love rabbits. So here is my breakfast room table set for a leisurely lunch. With bread & brioche with chocolate & strawberry butters followed by a plate of home made chocolate chip scones. Fresh fruit & turkey tea sandwiches with cranberry chutney.



















The woven chargers are Pier 1, but I got them at a yard sale for $8.00 for a set of 10. The original price tag of $15.00 each was still on the bottom! The tablecloth is a Raymond Waites fabric remnant I bought at a local co-op. I got the lovely green woven placemats at Target marked down to $2.47 for a set of 4. The butter-yellow napkins were a steal at $1.74 for a four-pack & the fruit plates were under $5.00. The nifty butterfly plates I bought at a church thrift sale for $2.00 & then found a second set of four at Goodwill for $6.00. The ceramic fruit & vegetable boxes I collected years ago. They just tickled my fancy at the time & usually parade across the bottom of my Irish dresser in the kitchen.
The flatware is an old Rogers pattern in silver plate called “Vintage”. I picked it up as a service for six at a flea market years ago.









Don’t the flowers look real? The centerpiece is one of my latest arrangements. Too soon for the real thing from my garden. The roses are silk in faux water. The yellow rose napkin rings are a package clip-on I bought at a local dollar store. The petals look & feel real. I tied the napkin with a plaid, wired ribbon bow & just clipped them on. The candlesticks are Victorian spatter glass-another co-op find.

Try some flavored butters for your next brunch or tea. My favorite is the chocolate!


















Tea Butters

For chocolate butter-melt ½ cup chocolate on low in microwave-I like to use Wilbur buds in dark chocolate. Allow to cool, but still workable. Have about ½ cup butter at room temp. Slowly with a hand mixer, blend chocolate into butter. If it is too runny refrigerate till easier to spread.

Fruit butters-For each fruit butter you will need ½ cup whipped butter at room temp & ¼ cup of your favorite flavor of jam-strawberry, raspberry, orange marmalade, blueberry….the combinations are endless.

With a hand mixer, blend jam into butter. Transfer to a pretty serving dish. Try the orange on a cranberry scone. Mmmm…


Here is a close-up of the napkin ring.



16 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

sooo pretty!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

beautiful! I love those butterfly plates.

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

It looks so inviting. The butterflys are screaming springtime!

Martha said...

Love the butterfly plates. Fitz and Floyd pieces are really special. I always drool over them whenever I see them.

Teacup Mosaics said...

I love butterflies and Fitz and Floyd, just lovely!!!!!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

I am ready for spring! Love the butterfly plates

Unknown said...

Really pretty table. I love the bunnies and the butterfly plates!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely table! I love those beautiful plates!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Chandy said...

Lovely tablescape!

Cass @ That Old House said...

I love Fitz and Floyd, and I love your tablescape. So ... spring! Gorgeous.
Cass

Charlene said...

Thanks for stopping by for Outdoor Wednesday! Your table is beautiful. And I love that you also use silk flowers. I love the real ones but, it's not time yet & they cost soooooooooo much in the stores. Your bunnies on that table were cute too.

Linda Q said...

Really pretty! Love it all together, everything compliments the other.
Linda Q

Kathleen said...

Very pretty! Love hearing about all your bargains! I never met one I didn't like!

kymber said...

Great post! You did an amazing tablescape! You must have great stores nearby. You found some great bargains!

I am so glad that you stopped by to say hi the other day - it is nice to meet you! I look forward to reading more of your lovely blog and getting to know you better.
Blessings on oyur day today,
Kymber

Dream Mom said...

Very pretty! Thanks for the tip on making the fruit butter. I just made some delicious home made jam today and can't wait to try the fruit butter.

American Homemaker said...

I love it! And you gotta love the fantastic deal you got :)