Monday, July 14, 2008

Life Happens


"Life is what happens when you are busy making other plans".


Had so many plans for this lovely summer day. I started my morning in the garden and stopped to check the nest for the baby birds. The nest was empty, but there they were peeking back at me sitting on a branch - oh - next they will be learning to fly! Grabbed my bag and I was off to the antique mall. Put the key in the ignition & nothing. When my husband came home from work, he & my neighbor jumped the car & we were off to the auto parts store -(not exactly the shopping trip I had in mind). All was going smoothly till we had to stop for a red light & the engine died. Luckily we were on a slight hill & we coasted into the parking lot into a parking spot right in front of the store. If you ever doubt there is a God or a Guardian Angel, I didn't today. What are the odds? We had to cross traffic without power steering or brakes & landed a primo parking spot. I laughed like crazy. It was just too impossible.


Back to work tomorrow but maybe I will have better luck on Thursday. Aren't these two hand painted china plates lovely? I found these out treasure-hunting Monday.


No comments: